Q-Step Scholarship Scheme 2019
4 bursaries of £10,000 available to social science students applying to a postgraduate taught course with a quantitative methods focus.
The Sheffield Methods Institute are offering four fees-only scholarships for £10000 with a stipend towards living expenses for final year undergraduate students on a Q-Step accredited programme. The scholarships will fund the student taking the MA in Social Research at The Sheffield Methods Institute starting in September 2019.
- Students must be studying at one of the 15 Q-Step centres and 3 Affiliates in the UK and have achieved a minimum of a 2:1 degree classification.
- Students must take a quantitative focus to the MA Social Research and complete the following modules; Introduction to Quantitative Methods and Advanced Quantitative Methods and complete a dissertation using quantitative methods.
- Students must have UK home student status
- Students should indicate on the Postgraduate Application Form in their personal statement that they wish to be considered for the scholarship scheme.
- Awarding the scholarships will be based on academic ability through your application form and personal statement, and a commitment to quantitative methods demonstrated through examples of previous work attached to your application
How to apply
- Students should apply using the Postgraduate Application Form and include your ‘selection criteria’; in your personal statement.
- Students who have already applied to the MA in Social Research and wish to be considered for this scholarship scheme should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.