Teaching and assessment
The teaching is supportive and flexible to meet your needs with online and practice based learning to support part time attendance at University. Assessment includes case presentations, case reports, OSCEs, multi-choice and short answer exams, assignments, reflective portfolio. The programme requires you to build a robust portfolio of practice learning to evidence your engagement, development and competence with respect an advanced clinical role in general practice.
- Evidence based clinical practice
- Consultation and effective person-centred care
- Advanced clinical assessment
- Independent nurse prescribing (with respect to an advanced generalist scope of practice)
- Clinical episode management in primary care
- Managing complexity in primary care
The award of a PG Cert. 'Consultation and assessment in primary care' is available after completing year 1.
The award of a Post-Graduate Diploma 'General Practice Advanced Nurse Practitioner' is available after completing year 2. Or you can complete a further practice focused project report in year 3 for the full award of MMedSci. 'General Practice Advanced Nurse Practitioner'.