Pre-course Study Skills support
If you are planning to study with us but haven't studied in a while you may find our pre-course study skills resource useful. This resource contains information and short activities to help prepare you for studying at either degree or Masters level and is aimed at people working in practice that intend to study at unit or programme with the School of Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Sheffield.
In order to access the study skills course materials you will need to log into Blackboard Open Education.
Please note: this is a separate system to the main Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) used within the University, although the platform looks and works in the same way, so it will be helpful in preparing you for studying with us.
Use the link below to access the course
Follow these instructions to enrol on to the course
- Visit the link above and from the course home page select Enrol.
- If you already have a Blackboard Open Education account enter your username and password for this account and click the Login button.
- If you do not already have a Blackboard Open Education account you will need to create a free account before you can enrol on the course. Click on the Don’t have an account? Create one now link as shown below.
- Complete the simple registration form. Your username and password can be anything that you want. Please make a note of these for future reference because we are unable to access this information for you.
Please use your real first name and last name as this will help us to identify you within this system.
- Once you have completed the registration form and accepted the terms and conditions, click Create Account. You should now have the option to enter the course.
- Click Go to Course to access the study skills materials.
What if you forget your password?
- If you forget your password, you can change your password by clicking on the Login button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- From the Login box, choose Forgot Your Password? link.
- Provide the information required and submit the form.