Requests from Third parties for Academic Verification
This page provides information for third parties on how to request Academic Verification documents for current and past students.
From time to time organisations request verification of current and past students' attendance and qualifications. These organisations include: prospective employers, employment and screening agencies, Higher Education institutions, local authorities and Government bodies.
For commercial organisations such as Employers, Employment Agencies or Screening Agencies there is an administration fee of £5 per verification. Request should be made via the Online Store:
For non-commercial organisations such as Higher Education Institutions, Local Authorities, UK and Overseas Governmental Bodies etc there is no charge. To obtain verification of a current or former student:
- Make sure you have the student's consent for the request
- Send your request and relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verify your own identity and relationship with the student
Requests will be processed within three working days. This may be be longer if:
- We need to query requests where data is incomplete
- We need to query requests if the data does not match our records
- The student graduated before 1998
Personal Character References
We cannot provide personal (character) references for current or former students. Such requests should be directed to the academic department in which they studied. If we receive such a request we will pass it on to the department, which will delay the response.