Applying for a Schengen Visa
Find out if you need a Schengen visa to visit Europe and how to apply.
Countries in the Schengen Area
You may need a Schengen visa to visit the following European countries:
- Czech Republic
Who must apply
The website below outlines the list of countries whose citizens need a Schengen visa to travel, and who is exempt.
How to apply
1. Get supporting documents
Before you apply, you must get a Schengen Visa Letter providing proof of your student status.
You can request this online using the link below:
You must also provide the following documents to support your application:
- Passport-sized photograph(s)
- Passport / official travel document
- Proof of travel insurance to cover medical costs
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover visit (e.g. bank statements, travellers cheques, credit cards
- Completed application form(s) (available from embassy website of the country you are applying to)
- Proof of purpose of visit (e.g. official letter of invitation from conference, confirmed return airline ticket, confirmed hotel booking)
2. Apply with Embassy
You must apply to the Embassy or Consulate of the country you wish to visit.
If you're visiting more than one country, you must apply to the Embassy or Consulate of the country where you'll spend the most time.
Please visit the website of the relevant Embassy to apply.
Your Schengen visa will be valid for three months.