As a graduate you can get a letter from SSiD confirming your qualifications and attendance.
Postgraduate students due to be awarded in November/December 2020: Please do not place an order for a Confirming letter until you have been notified that your degree has been awarded at the end of November/beginning of December. Any orders received prior to the award of your degree will be cancelled and refunded.
- Who they are for
- What they include
- Request a confirming letter
- Processing time
- Delivery and collection
- See also
Who they are for
If you're a former student you can order a Confirming Letter verifying your qualifications and attendance.
If you've withdrawn from your course, you can order a Confirming Letter verifying your attendance only.
If you're a current student, you should request a Certificate of Student Status instead. Your Confirming Letter will contain incomplete information until you've been awarded your degree.
What they include
Your confirming letter will outline your:
- Date of birth
- Course title
- Study dates
- Award date
- Graduation date
- Department and faculty
- Qualification obtained
- Thesis title (PGR students)
- Mode of study (e.g. full time/part-time)
- Current/Recent Students (up to 12 months after Graduation) = £3
- Graduates/leavers since 1 Jan 2000 = £5
- Graduates/leavers before 31 December 1999 = £10
Watermarked hard copy
- Current/Recent Students (up to 12 months after Graduation) = £5
- Graduates/leavers since 1 Jan 2000 = £10
- Graduates/leavers before 31 December 1999 = £20
Request a confirming letter
If you graduated before 2000 and we do not hold a digital record of your studies, we may not be able to provide a confirming letter as we cannot access the University's archive records due to COVID-19.
When you have been awarded your degree you can request a Confirming Letter online from SSiD.
If you completed more than one degree with us, you must order a confirming letter for each degree.
If you require additional information in your letter, please specify this on your order form under the additional requirements section.
You'll receive an order confirmation email once your order has been received, and you will be contacted by email if we require any further information.
Digital Confirming Letters
If you only require a digital confirming letter please follow the link below to place an order.
Your digital confirming letter will issued in PDF format. It includes a digital stamp and signature from the University Secretary and is official in this format.
- Digital only orders will take between 5-10 working days.
- Watermarked hard copy orders will take between 10-15 working days (not including postage).
- If you graduated prior to 2000 or studied on a collaborative course, online requests can take up to six weeks.
COVID-19: watermarked hard copies
Processing watermarked hard copies may take longer at busy times as we have a limited number of staff working on campus due to social distancing rules. We will notify you by email once your document has been dispatched.