Stress Reduction Mindfulness Sessions
Our workshops have now been cancelled until further notice.
Below are some resources that you may find helpful:
- Big White Wall - free acess for all University of Sheffield students
- Hypnotherapy workshop recordings
- Mindfulness for students
- Self-Compassion.org guided meditations
- Headspace (10 day free trial)
To read more about the coronavirus and the University please see:
Wednesdays, 11.00am-12.00pm termtime during 2019/20 academic year
Relaxation for body and mind. This is a practical mindfulness session facilitated by our resident mindfulness expert Safina Webb. Leave the world behind for 50 minutes; lie on your back and succumb to a dreamy environment of hypnotic mindfulness exercises and beautiful choral music.
If you are a 'worrier' then relaxation can help you to give yourself a break from incessant thoughts or over-thinking.
This 45 minute relaxation session offers a range of skills you can use on your own in the future as well as during the session.
- Progressive relaxation techniques
- Breathing Exercises
- Body Scan – Stress Reduction
- Sitting Meditation – Space & Creativity
- Inner-Calm Inner-Confidence
- Mindfulness Sitting Meditation
- Effective Stress Management
Flexible Workshop Space
301 Student Skills and Development Centre, 301 Glossop Road, Sheffield S10 2HL
No need to book, simply come along on the day (capacity 15-20)
Session starts prompt at 11.00am (no latecomers will be allowed entry)
Clothing & Equipment:
Relaxation mats provided. If possible, please wear loose and comfortable clothing.
Facilitator: Safina Webb (UCS Student Counsellor)
For schedule see: Drop-In Workshops
You might also like to look at: