How to certify your degree certificate and apply for a replacement.
- Certified copies
- Unclaimed certificates
- PG certificate/UG DLL certificate request
- Delivery and collection
You can request a certified copy of your degree certificate from SSiD for:
- £1 in person
- £5 online
If you are ordering online, you must:
- order a minimum of three certified copies
- upload a scanned colour copy of your degree certificate
- specify if you would like your copies posting to multiple addresses
- Certified copies can take up to 10 working days to prepare.
- Certified copies produced from archive records can take up to 6 weeks if you graduated before 1998.
- SSiD can only certify degree or diploma certificates awarded by the University of Sheffield.
- We cannot certify copies of certificates which have already been marked, certified or notarised by a third party.
If you have lost or damaged your original degree certificate, you can request a replacement online for £30 via the link below.
- Replacement degree certificates can take up to 15 working days to prepare.
- If you graduated prior to 1995 the certificate may take up to 6 weeks to prepare from archive records.
If you did not collect your degree certificate at graduation, please complete the form below to arrange for collection from SSiD or delivery to your home.
You cannot collect your certificate from the Events Team or request your certificate before your graduation ceremony.
PG Certificate/UG DLL Certificate Request
If you require your original postgraduate certificate (60 credits) or undergraduate Department for Lifelong Learning certificate, please complete the form below.
The Student Administration Service will produce your original certificate within 15 working days.
If you have any queries about your original PG or DLL certificate, please contact the Student Administration Service.
Delivery and collection
If you are ordering your documents for delivery in the UK, we strongly recommend selecting DHL courier or Royal Mail special delivery as these are more reliable.
We recommend using a courier service for overseas deliveries.
If you opted for collection we will email you when your document is ready.
For more information on delivery and collection, please visit the page below.