How to certify your degree certificate and apply for a replacement.
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak and a government enforced lockdown, we currently cannot provide you with any of these documents at this time. If you require evidence of your degree award please make a request for a Confirming Letter using the link below;
For further guidance please contact SSiD.
- Certified copies
- Replacement certificates
- Unclaimed certificates
- PG certificate/UG DLL certificate request
- Delivery and collection
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak and a government enforced lockdown, we cannot provide any certified copies at this time.
We usually issue certified copies of degree certificates for £5.
To do this we ask that you:
- order a minimum of three certified copies
- upload a scanned colour copy of your degree certificate
- specify if you would like your copies posting to multiple addresses
- Certified copies can take up to 10 working days to prepare.
- Certified copies produced from archive records can take up to 6 weeks if you graduated before 1998.
- We can only certify degree or diploma certificates awarded by the University of Sheffield.
- We can't certify copies of certificates that have already been marked, certified or notarised by a third party.
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak and a government enforced lockdown, we cannot provide any replacement certificates at this time.
We usually provide replacement degree certificates for £30.
- Replacement degree certificates can take up to 15 working days to prepare.
- If you graduated prior to 1995, your certificate may take up to 6 weeks to prepare from archive records.
If you're a graduate you're only eligible for one original copy of your degree certificate. If your original certificate has been damaged, you must provide us with your damaged certificate before we can process a replacement.
We can only produce replacement degree certificate requests if your original certificate has been lost, damaged, or destroyed.
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak and a government enforced lockdown, we cannot deal with any requests for unclaimed certificates at this time.
If you didn't collect your degree certificate at graduation, SSiD offer collection or delivery.
If you don't use a courier or special delivery and your certificate is lost in the post, you'll have to order and pay for a replacement.
You cannot collect your certificate from the Events Team or request your certificate before your graduation ceremony.
PG Certificate/UG DLL Certificate Request
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak and a government enforced lockdown, we cannot deal with any requests for these certificates at this time.
The Student Administration Service will usually produce your original certificate within 15 working days.
If you have any queries about your original PG or DLL certificate, please contact the Student Administration Service.
Delivery and collection
If you're ordering your documents for delivery in the UK, we strongly recommend selecting DHL courier or Royal Mail special delivery as these are more reliable.
For overseas deliveries, we recommend using a courier service.
If you opted for collection we'll email you when your document is ready.
For more information on delivery and collection, please visit the page below.