How to certify your degree certificate and apply for a replacement.
- Certified copies
- Unclaimed certificates
- PG certificate/UG DLL certificate request
- Delivery and collection
If you graduated before 2000 and we do not hold a digital record of your studies, we may not be able to provide your certified copy as we cannot access the University's archive records due to COVID-19.
You can request certified copies of your degree certificate from SSiD for:
- £10 online (includes 5 copies)
When ordering online, you must:
- Upload a scanned colour copy of your degree certificate
- Specify if you would like your copies posting to multiple addresses
- Certified copies can take up to 5-10 working days to prepare.
- Certified copies produced from archive records can take up to 6 weeks if you graduated before 1998.
- We can only certify degree or diploma certificates awarded by the University of Sheffield.
- We can't certify copies of certificates that have already been marked, certified or notarised by a third party.
If you graduated before 2000 and we do not hold a digital record of your studies, we may not be able to provide a replacement certificate as we cannot access the University's archive records due to COVID-19.
If you've lost or damaged your original degree certificate, you can request a replacement online for £30 via the link below.
- Replacement degree certificates can take up to 15 working days to prepare.
- If you graduated prior to 1995, your certificate may take up to 6 weeks to prepare from archive records.
- Graduates are only eligible for one original copy of their degree certificate. If your original certificate has been damaged, the University would require your damaged certificate back before we can provide a replacement.
- We can only produce a replacement degree certificate requests if your original certificate has been lost, damaged, or destroyed.
If you didn't collect your degree certificate at graduation, please complete the form below to arrange for collection from SSiD or delivery to your home.
If you don't use a courier or special delivery and your certificate is lost in the post, you'll have to order and pay for a replacement.
You cannot collect your certificate from the Events Team or request your certificate before your graduation ceremony.
PG Certificate/UG DLL Certificate Request
If you require your original postgraduate certificate (60 credits) or undergraduate Department for Lifelong Learning certificate, please complete the form below.
The Student Administration Service will produce your original certificate within 20 working days.
If you have any queries about your original PG or DLL certificate, please contact the Student Administration Service.
Delivery and collection
If you're ordering your documents for delivery in the UK, we strongly recommend selecting DHL courier or Royal Mail special delivery as these are more reliable.
For overseas deliveries, we recommend using a courier service.
If you opted for collection we'll email you when your document is ready.
For more information on delivery and collection, please visit the page below.