This page outlines how to certify your degree certificate and apply for a replacement.
- Certified Copies
- Replacement Certificates
- Unclaimed Certificates
- PG Certificate/UG DLL Certificate Request
- Delivery and Collection
Where you wish to certify copies of your degree certificate, you can request them in person from SSiD for £1 per copy.
Where you are unable to visit in person, you can request certified copies online for £5.
Where you are ordering online you must:
- order a minimum of three certified copies
- you must upload a scanned colour copy of your degree certificate
- you must specify on your order if you would like your copies posting to multiple addresses
- Certified copies can take up to 10 working days to prepare.
- Certified copies produced from archive records can take up to 6 weeks where you graduated before 1998.
- SSiD can only certify degree or diploma certificates that were awarded by the University of Sheffield.
- We cannot certify copies of certificates which have already been marked, certified or notarised by a third party.
Where you have lost or damaged your original degree certificate, you can request for a replacement online for £30 via the link below.
- Replacement degree certificates can take up to 15 working days to prepare.
- Where you graduated prior to 1995 the certificate may take up to 6 weeks to prepare from archive records.
Where you did not collect your degree certificate, it will be sent to SSiD after your graduation.
Please complete the form below to request for the release of your certificate. You can arrange to collect your certificate from SSiD or have it delivered to you.
You cannot collect your certificate from the Events Team or request your certificate before your graduation ceremony.
PG Certificate/UG DLL Certificate Request
Where you require your original postgraduate certificate (60 credits) or undergraduate Department for Lifelong Learning certificate, please complete the form below.
The Student Administration Service will produce your original certificate within 15 working days.
Where you have any other queries about your original PG or DLL certificate, please contact the Student Administration Service.
Delivery and Collection
Where you are ordering your documents for delivery in the UK we strongly recommend that you select DHL courier or Royal Mail special delivery as this is more reliable.
Where you are ordering your documents for delivery overseas, we recommend using a courier service.
Where you opted for collection, we will email you when your document is ready.
For more information on delivery and collection, please visit the page below.