Prospective Students: How Do I Set Up My Support?

Tell us about your disability

It is helpful if you tell the universities you are applying to about your disability on your UCAS or other university application form.

If you have already applied and have not disclosed a disability on your university application, please contact us to discuss setting up your support.

For more information on this see our page on disclosing a disability.

Complete the DDSS applicant registration form

After you have received an offer to study here we will contact you in May to ask you to complete the DDSS applicant registration form to tell us more about your support needs.

Send us evidence of your disability

When you have completed the DDSS applicant registration form please send us evidence of your disability. For more information about what type of evidence to send us go to our page on providing evidence of your disability.

Apply for Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSA)

To find out if you are eligible and for information on how to apply, visit our pages on Disabled Students’ Allowances.

Make an appointment with an adviser

If an adviser has not already been in touch with you by the time you arrive in Sheffield, contact our reception to make an appointment. You will need to speak with an adviser before any support can be put in place. To make an appointment you can come in to the Disability and Dyslexia Support Service reception on the ground floor of the Alfred Denny Building, call us on 0114 222 1303 or email

Disrupted studies or lack of support

If you want to tell the University that your academic performance to date may have been compromised as a direct result of your disability, please visit the Admissions Service’s Disrupted Studies page.