Examinations Overseas

Students who have a international fee status and are required to resit examinations may apply to sit these in their home countries. Please note, this service is not available to students with a home fee status.

Examination Period Application Deadlines Fee Required
January/February 2017 Applications will open on 23 September and will close on 28 October 2016.
May/June 2017 Applications will open on 6 February and will close on 10 March 2017 at 17:00
August Resits, 2017 Applications will open on 7 July at 14:00 and will close on 14 July 2017 at 17:00 £305

August Resit Examinations

Please note, in August, undergraduate students should apply and pay online, using the Resit Payment Pathway (available from 7th July). Students who are externally registered may use the application form on these pages to make an application for Jan/Feb and/or May/June.

Other Exam Periods

Step One: Complete the Overseas application form.  You will need to do this for every exam session you wish to apply for.  i.e apply and pay for Autumn semester exams by 28th October, apply and pay for Spring Semester exams by 10th March.

Step Two: Ensure that you have registered for a repeat period of study. More information is available here

Please note that payment alone is not an application. You MUST complete the Overseas application form, as you are required to choose which British Council you wish to attend.

When you submit the application form you will receive an automatic reply confirmation email.  Please retain the e mail for your records.

Applications will not be accepted after the deadlines and you will be required to return to Sheffield to sit your exams.

How do I cancel an application for May/June 2017?  Email the Examinations Team no later than 16:00 hrs on Friday 28th April 2017.  A refund may be available if the cancellation is received by this time.  Cancellations received after the deadlines will require medical or other evidence to support the request.

Can ERASMUS students resit their exams overseas?  If you are registered on an Erasmus, Study Abroad or Visiting programme, you should contact your academic department at this University for advice about resit arrangements.

What happens if the British Council is NOT available?
In the event that the British Council is unavailable, an alternative may be offered to you.  If you do not wish to accept the alternative, you will be required to return to Sheffield to sit your examinations.

How will I know when my examinations take place? Once you have paid you do not need to take any further action. The Student Examinations Team will contact you by e mail, with information regarding your examinations overseas, after the publication of the final exam timetable. Please note, exams will take place on the same dates as they take place in Sheffield, as listed on the main timetable.  The information details of the local arrangements in place for you.

If you have any questions please email the Examinations Team.