Financial Support is the University of Sheffield’s support fund. The funds are to support students facing financial difficulties due to unforeseen costs. This page outlines the support available and how to apply.
To apply for Financial Support you must meet all of the criteria listed below:
- You are facing financial difficulties due to unforeseen costs
- You are a registered student on a full-time or part-time degree programme
- You've received your first instalment of Student Finance funding, if you are eligible to apply for this (students experiencing an unforeseen delay to funding may submit an application)
The following examples are not considered unforeseen costs and will not be considered:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation costs
- Study costs
- General living costs
It is expected that you will have secured sufficient funding before you started your course to support yourself and pay your tuition fees for the duration of your studies.
Points to note
- Not all applications will be successful.
- Awards are a contribution to costs and will not necessarily cover all of your financial needs.
- We will only consider one Financial Support application per academic year, unless exceptional circumstances apply.
- Applications are treated with the utmost confidentiality and will never be shared with departments, unless you give us permission to do so.
- Visiting students should apply to their home university for financial help.
How to apply
1. Complete the application form below:
If you are applying for Financial Support - IT Equipment only please familiarise yourself with the information on the IT Equipment Support webpage.
Applications for Financial Support are currently closed and the form above should only be used for emergency applications. If you are facing financial hardship and need emergency funding you should email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
A paper application form is also available, please contact us if you would prefer to apply using this.
2. Provide all of the following documents:
- A copy of your completed Money Planner
- Proof of your main source of income e.g. Student Finance document or scholarship/sponsorship letter
- Rent agreement or mortgage statement
- Copies of three months most recent bank statements for all of your accounts, and your partner's accounts is applicable - this must show your up to date balance
- Any other evidence to support your application e.g. medical evidence
Students with children
If you have children and would like them to be considered as part of your application you will also need to provide the following documents, where applicable:
- Child tax credit notification
- Child Benefit notification
- Evidence of any childcare costs
The Student Experience and Support help desk, where the Student Fees and Funding Team are based, is currently closed. Application forms and evidence must be submitted electronically until further notice. If you cannot do this please contact email@example.com.
3. You will be notified of the outcome of your application within 15 working days of submitting your complete application.
The deadline to apply for Financial Support 2020/21 was 5pm, Friday 16 July 2021.
The deadline for final year undergraduates was 5pm, Friday 21 May 2021.
Please contact the Student Fees and Funding Team for any further information or guidance.
Emergency Funding Application
If you are in urgent financial need and require funds immediately you can submit an emergency funding application by following the process below.
|Examples of why you would apply for emergency funding||
1. Submit an application form using the link or paper application above.
2. Provide copies of three months most recent bank statements for all of your accounts, and your partner's accounts if applicable.
3. Contact the Student Fees and Funding Team to tell them that you would like to be considered for Emergency Funding.
4. The Fees and Funding Team will respond to your request within one working day.
Help and Advice
If you need to discuss your financial situation with someone please contact the Student Advice Centre, in the Students' Union. They can also help you submit an application for Financial Support. Please note that the Student Advice Centre is currently closed but can be contacted by telephone or email.