Financial Support for Disabled Students

Money Matters Image

Temporary Disability

If you require funding to help with travel costs to and from the University because of a temporary disability, for example you have a broken leg, then you can apply for financial support to help with your increased costs.

You are required to complete an application form and provide supporting documentary evidence, further details can be found on the form.

If you are a visiting student you can apply for temporary disability, providing your home university is unable to support you (you will be required to provide evidence of this).

Apply here

DSA Personal Contribution Reimbursement

Students who have paid (or need to pay) the £200 personal contribution towards equipment, following their DSA assessment, can apply for a  reimbursement of up to £200 from the University.

To apply to the scheme, you must meet the following criteria:

  • Be liable to pay the £200 DSA contribution towards your equipment costs.

Upon receipt of your application and supporting documentation we will assess your eligibility for a full £200 reimbursement. 

We will email the outcome to your university email address within 10-15 working days upon receiving your application - please check your email on a regular basis.

If you are a continuing student, we may not be able to process your payment until September 2018 when your 2018-19 student record is live.

Apply here

Help and Advice

A paper version of both application forms is available from the right hand side of this page.

If you have any questions about the application process or the information provided on this web-page, please contact the Financial Support Team,

If you have difficulty completing a form or need to discuss your financial situation with someone, please contact the Student Advice Centre on 0114 2228660, or visit Student Advice Centre.