Questions about Funding Help from University


How do I get additional Financial Help?

There is information available at SSiD helping you to decide which sort of financial help you need, as well as the appropriate application forms. Further information on the support available can be found on the web pages.

What does ALF stand for?

ALF stands for the Access To Learning fund, this how now been replaced by Financial Support. Students can apply to be awarded a small sum of money, which is provided by the Government to allow the University to support students who are in financial difficulty. You can find further information and the application form on the Financial Support web pages.

How do I apply for an Alumni Scholarship?

For more information on this scholarship application process can be found on the Alumni Scholarship web page.

Your question not here?

Ask Sheffield

Ask Icon

There are thousands of questions and answers about hundreds of sub-jects on the University's FAQ database

Come to SSiD

Map icon

The quickest way to get an answer is visit the SSiD office in the Students' Union

Email SSiD

Email icon

If you unable to get to the SSiD office you can email us and we will do our best to reply in two working days