Examples of University bursaries for UK Undergraduate and PGCE students who started their studies between 2006 and 2010
Beth applies to study Law:
- Her household income is £20,269
- Beth’s A Level grades are BBB
- She is entering through the Compact scheme
She receives an outreach bursary of £855 and an income bursary of £460 - a total of £1,315 per year.
Jamie applies for Chemical and Process Engineering:
- His household income is £50,046
- His grades are AAB
He doesn't qualify for an income bursary, but CPE is a priority subject, so his two As make him eligible for a prior achievement bursary of £575 per year.
Caroline applies to study Medicine:
- Her household income is £8,466
- She has three As at A Level
- She is entering through SOAMS
She is awarded £1,790 achievement bursary, an £925 outreach bursary, plus a £750 income bursary, totalling £3,465.
Adeel applies to study Architecture
- His household income is £14,340
- His grades are AAA at A Level
He receives the maximum income bursary of £750, plus a prior achievement bursary of £1,790. Total: £2,540 per year.