Making an appointment
At UHS we offer a mixture of appointments:
- Same day and night before booking. The majority of our doctors appointments are available to book from 6pm the night before or on the same day. These can be booked online or via our telephone booking service.
- Booked in advance. Approximately 2O% of our available appointments are available to book up to 6 weeks in advance. These can be booked online or via our telephone booking service.
- Emergency Appointments. If there are no appointments available and your medical problem is serious, then please inform reception who will arrange for one of our nurse practitioners or doctors to call you back.
Ways to Make Appointments
- Online: You can book online via our website or via our smartphone app. You will need your online login details from reception for this service.
- By Phone: Reception is open 8:45am until 6pm in term time and until 5pm in vacation.If you have registered your mobile number with UHS then you can use our automated service 24 hours per day
- In Person: Reception is open 8:45am until 6pm in term time and until 5pm in vacation.
Our online services allow you to:
- Book, cancel or check your appointments
- Order repeat prescriptions
- View test results
- View your medical record (detail coded record please contact reception for an application form)
- Change your personal details (e.g. address)
You can register for our online services:
- Via our app ShefUniHealth
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org from your sheffield.ac.uk email address, Your email request must include you full name, date of birth and address.
- In person. Please bring 2 forms of ID.