The University Health Service provides a wide range of medical and nursing services listed below.

Long Term Condition Management


  • Repeat pill clinics
  • Emergency contraception
  • Family planning
  • Contraceptive coil (IUD) & implants

Sexual Health

  • Female sexual health screening
  • Male sexual health screening
  • Chlamydia screening programme
  • Cervical smear (pap smear)

Travel Health Clinic

  • Travel assessment & vaccinations
  • Yellow fever vaccinations

Minor Surgery

  • You need to be referred by your GP for this service

Eating Disorders Clinic

  • We provide a specialist eating disorders service. You can refer to this by contacting reception or speaking with a GP.

Minor Ailments Nurse Practitioner

New Mother and Baby Clinic

Flu Vaccination Clinic

Phlebotomy (Blood Tests)

Midwife Service

Liquid Nitrogen Treatment for Warts

Services which you need to pay for

Medical services required for business, travel and leisure are not funded by the NHS. There is a charge for these services and you will always be informed in advance if there is a fee to pay.   The list below is not exhaustive and you can find further information and example prices on our Charges and Fees page.  Some of our charged services include:

Medical Examinations for:

  • Military service
  • Insurance reports
  • Summer camps abroad
  • Driving licence reports

Occupational Health Reports

Certain travel vaccinations

Year abroad medicals

Certain private medical referrals

Copies of your medical records (in certain circumstances)