Withdrawing from the University
Students on a Tier 4 Visa wishing to withdraw their studies from the University should follow the instructions below before applying for withdrawal.
How to Withdraw
1. Discuss your withdrawal with an academic adviser in your department.
2. Use the self-help tool below to assess how your withdrawal from the University will affect your visa.
3. Where you are moving to a new institution, complete the student section of the Change of Status form and outline details of your new institution.
4. Complete the rest of the form with your academic advisor and both sign it. You must also obtain a departmental approval signature.
5. Submit your completed form to your academic department for approval.
6. Once your withdrawal is approved you will receive confirmation to your University email. You will lose access to your University account two weeks after your withdrawal.
7. The University will notify UKVI of your withdrawal within 10 days.
- You will no longer be able to work in the UK.
- Your Tier 4 visa will be curtailed and you must leave the UK or apply for a new visa (where eligible) before your visa curtailment date and within 60 days of your withdrawal date.
- Where you are moving to another UK University but have not successfully completed the course for which your visa was granted, you must apply for a new visa from outside the UK as per the UKVI’s academic progression requirements.
- Your withdrawal may impact on tuition fees paid or due, and you may be entitled to a refund.
- Where you receive a grant/bursary from your sponsor, you may be required to pay a portion of this back depending on when your withdrawal takes effect.
For further advice, please contact the Student Fees section of the Student Administration Service.