Biometric Residence Permits
Students coming to the UK for more than six months will need to collect a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) upon arrival in the UK.
What is a BRP?
You will automatically receive a BRP where you have:
- applied to settle in the UK
- extended your visa in the UK
- transferred your visa to a new passport
- applied to come to the UK for longer than six months
Your BRP will include your:
- fingerprints and photograph
- name, date and place of birth
- National Insurance (NI) number (if applicable)
- immigration status and conditions of your stay (including your recourse to public funds)
Collecting your BRP
Where you are granted a visa for entry clearance, you will receive a short term entry stamp in your passport (valid for 30 days before your course start date) and a letter confirming where to collect your BRP.
You must collect your BRP before the vignette sticker in your travel document expires or within 10 days of arriving in the UK.
- Where you applied inside the UK, your BRP will be sent to you by courier.
- Where you applied outside the UK, you can collect your BRP upon arrival from the University or the Post Office.
- Where you wish to collect your BRP from the University, enter our ACL code: 2HE237 before the ‘Pay’ section on your visa application.
Where you are granted a visa for extension in the UK you will receive your BRP straight away.
Where your BRP has been lost or stolen, please visit the page below: