Applying for a Tier 4 Visa Outside the UK
Students wanting to apply for a Tier 4 Visa outside the UK should follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Request a CAS
- Step 2: Check your details
- Step 3: Prepare financial and supporting documents
- Step 4: Complete visa application form
- Step 5: Attend appointment at visa application centre
- Step 6: Check the results of your application
- See also
Step 1: Request a CAS
- When you receive your unconditional offer, please follow the instructions given to you by our Admissions Service.
- Please request your CAS from International Student Support using the email below, including your full name and registration number.
Step 2: Check your details
Once your CAS has been issued, please check it carefully to ensure:
- all of your personal and course details are correct
- your CAS shows any fee payments to the University
- your CAS has a note to confirm details of any scholarships you receive
- your CAS shows any accommodation payments you have made to the University (if applicable)
Step 3: Prepare financial and supporting documents
Once you have checked your details, you need to prepare your financial and supporting documents.
- To meet the financial requirements you must have held the required minimum balance in your bank account for at least 28 days before you submit your application.
- You must submit the bank document with your visa application within 31 days of receiving it.
- The submission date for your visa application is the date that you pay your application fee online.
- Any dependents applying with you must also meet the financial requirements.
Step 4: Complete visa application form
Once you have prepared your documents, you must register and complete the visa application form below.
To complete the visa application form you must:
- Pay the visa fees AND the Immigration Health Surcharge.
- Book an appointment at a visa application centre.
To collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) from the University when you arrive, enter our ACL code: 2HE237 before the ‘Pay’ section on your visa application.
Step 5: Attend appointment at visa application centre
Once you have submitted your application, attend your appointment at the visa application centre. You may have to attend a credibility interview as part of this.
Step 6: Check the results of your application
Where your visa application has been granted, check the length and conditions of your visa are correct.
Where anything on your visa vignette or your visa decision letter is incorrect, please contact your visa application centre.
Where your application has been refused, please complete the form below.
Where you encounter any further problems, visit the page below.
For any further questions, please contact: