Problems with Tier 4 Visa Applications
Students experiencing problems with their Tier 4 Student Visa application can follow the advice below.
- Visa Correction Scheme
- My visa has been refused
- My visa has been rejected as invalid
- My visa has been issued with incorrect conditions/length of leave
- Other errors
Visa Correction Scheme
Where you applied for your visa outside the UK and the Embassy, High Commission or Consulate made an error, you may be eligible to use the free Visa Correction Scheme provided by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
You cannot use the Visa Correction Scheme where:
- you have extended leave to remain whilst in the UK
- you have been granted entry clearance by immigration officials at the UK port of entry
- you applied outside the UK and have been given a temporary 30-day visa to collect your BRP within 10 days of arriving in the UK
Where you are eligible, International Student Support will send your documents to the FCO for correction free of charge. Please bring the following documents to International Student Support:
- 2 x passport photos
- your original passport containing the visa you wish to be corrected
My visa has been refused
1. You must inform the University immediately through the online form.
2. You can ask for the decision of your visa application to be reviewed by the Home Office by applying for an administrative review.
3. Where you don’t meet the grounds for submitting an administrative review, you can apply for a new visa.
To make a new visa application:
- You must obtain a new CAS from the University.
- We will check your final evidence relating to the refusal and issue you a new CAS only if this meets UKVI requirements.
We recommend that you contact International Student Support in person with your decision letter for advice on the above processes and information on how visa refusals will affect your registration.
My visa has been rejected as invalid
Where your visa is still valid at the time of receiving your visa decision letter and you meet the Tier four requirements, you may be able to submit a new visa application. Please contact International Student Support in person with your decision letter.
Where your visa has expired by the time you receive the decision letter or you are unable to submit a new visa application before your current visa expires, please contact International Student Support.
Where you require information on how your visa rejection will affect your registration, please contact International Student Support.
My visa has been issued with incorrect conditions/length of leave
1. Where your visa has been issued with incorrect conditions/length of leave you must contact International Student Support immediately for advice.
2. Where you are applying within the UK you can ask for your information to be reviewed by the Home Office by applying for an administrative review.
You should report other problems with your BRP on the UKVI website where:
- your name, gender or date of birth is incorrect
- your BRP was damaged when it arrived