After Your Studies

This page offers some advice and information for international students who have or are about to complete their studies at Sheffield.


When you graduate you automatically become part of the Sheffield alumni. For information on alumni benefits and events please visit the page below:

To receive the latest alumni information, benefits and opportunities please provide us with your contact details.

Update Your Details

Working in the UK

Where you wish to remain in the UK to work beyond your visa expiry date, you must switch to another immigration category. Please visit the page below for more information.

Where you are a PhD student finishing soon and wish to remain in the UK for work, visit the page below.

The University Careers Service will continue to support you up to three years after you graduate.

Reverse Culture Shock

You may experience difficulties re-adapting to your home country after living in Sheffield, this is known as ‘reverse culture shock’.

Where you would like to talk to someone about issues related to reverse culture shock, please contact Tim Cooper from International Student Support: