Student Parents

As an international student there's a lot to think about when you move to a new country to study. And of course even more things need to be taken into consideration if your children accompany you to the UK.

  • Where will they go to school?
  • Are there child-friendly activities available on campus?

Students With Children

The University is committed to supporting students in achieving their full potential. Juggling studies with parenting responsibilities can be challenging.

Finding a School

Under UK law children must be in full-time education from the beginning of the school term following their 5th birthday. So if you are new to the UK and you have one or more school-age children (5-16 years) you must contact Sheffield City Council Education Department. Further informatio can be found at: