Changing your Address

View and change addresses that the University has recorded for you.

  • It is your responsibility to ensure that your address details are correct.
  • The University may need to contact you with important information at short notice.

You can check and change your details via MUSE

  1. Log onto MUSE and select the ‘My Services’ link (top of page)
  2. Select the ‘View all services’ link to view the A to Z list.
  3. Scroll down to M and select the ‘My record’ link.

There are three types of address held on your record:

1. Home Address

Your home address is usually your parental address where you live during the vacation.

2. Term Address

Your term address is usually the Sheffield address of the house/halls of residence/self catering property that you stay at during term time. This temporary address requires a start and end date (where known).

The term address should include the following information, and should be set out in this format:

Flat, Room, Block: Flat 1, Room K, Block P
Building Name: Sheffield 3
House Number and Street Name: 80 Hoyle Street
City: Sheffield
Postcode: S3 7LG

3. Correspondence Address

Your correspondence address is a temporary address where you need correspondence sending. For example if you are staying in Sheffield during vacation periods or staying with friends but you are not living there permanently. If you define a correspondence address, all University correspondence will go there.

You will need your computer network username and password. If you cannot remember your username and password, please contact the Computer Registration Team at CiCS, Hounsfield Road, telephone 0114 2223050. It is your responsibility to keep your username and password safe, and not to divulge it to anyone. Please Note: All changes will be logged and any irresponsible use of the system reported.

If you need a visa to study in the UK, it is important that UKVI always have your up to date address details so you won't miss any important correspondence from them. To inform UKVI of your UK address (for example if you moved after submitting your last visa application or if you provided a temporary address with your first visa application). To update your address with UKVI, complete the online form.