Sexual Violence & Harassment

If you or someone you know are in immediate danger, call 999 or 0114 222 4444 if you're on campus .


The University takes incidents of sexual violence very seriously and wants to ensure that any students affected are able to access appropriate information and support.

The University of Sheffield offers specialised support for students who have experienced sexual violence. Students can speak to a Sexual Violence Liaison Officer (SVLO) to access information and support and to discuss reporting options. The Sexual Violence Liaison Officers are fully trained and experienced in providing support to survivors of sexual violence. Students can let us know if they have a choice of the gender of the SVLO supporting them and wherever possible we will meet that choice. Students can choose how to communicate with an SVLO, whether by email, phone, video call, or face-to-face appointment (providing restrictions allow). Students can also use the Report and Support online tool to tell us about an incident and would then be contacted by an SVLO. For any questions about the SVLO service or for further information, please contact us at