How do I log in?

To log in to ShARe, you will need your HUSID number as your login, and your University of Sheffield registration number as your PIN.

You can find your HUSID in MUSE, along with your registration number (log in to MUSE, then click My services > myRecord > Personal details).

Please write this down somewhere safe, as once you have graduated you will lose access to your MUSE account.

If you already have a ShARe account, e.g. if you were an undergraduate student at Sheffield and have a HEAR in the ShARe system, please use the same login details to access your PGT transcript.

I don't know my HUSID/University of Sheffield registration number.

You can find your HUSID in MUSE in My services > myRecord > Personal details.

Please write this down somewhere safe, as once you have graduated you will lose access to your MUSE account.

If you have already graduated and cannot access MUSE, you may request your HUSID number from SSiD by completing the below webform:

SSiD will need you to provide photographic ID, e.g. your uCard.

How do I change my password?

Once in the ShARe system, you can change your password by clicking on the Settings tab (top right of the screen).

I’ve forgotten my password, what happens next?

If you have forgotten your password, click on either the ‘Forgot Password’ tab or ‘Forgot Password?’ link under the LOGIN button on the ShARe log in screen:

This should take you to another page with a 3 step process to allow you to reset your password.

I have my login details but I'm having issues logging in, what do I do?

The most common issues related to logging in to ShARe are:

  • Entering an incorrect HUSID or registration number
  • Having previously changed your password and forgetting the new password
  • Entering incorrect information too many times and locking your account
  • Your browser is automatically entering incorrect details via autocomplete

In the event that you have forgotten your password and it is different from your registration number, or that you have locked your account, please complete this ShARe Enquiries webform, providing your HUSID or registration number, and a member of the team will look into this for you.

If your browser is automatically entering incorrect details, you can turn off the autocomplete function on your browser. For more information on how to do this, please follow this link:

Please be aware, the University is not responsible for content hosted on third party websites. If the information contained above does not provide the required solution, please contact SSiD via the ShARE Enquiries webform.

How do I change my email address?

Once in the ShARe system, you can change your email address by clicking on the Settings tab (top right of the screen).

I'm not receiving email notifications when my documents are updated. What can I do?

Click on "Settings" within your account, and then tick the box, "Send me an email when documents have been issued to my account".

How do I share my documents with third parties?

In order to share your documents through the ShARe system, you will need to log in. Upon logging in, you will have the option to share a document online. To do this, click on ‘Sharing’, and then ‘Share a document online’. Clicking this will bring up a list of documents you can share, and by clicking ‘share’ at the side of these documents, instructions on how to share this document will be brought up.

For further information, including screenshots, see the ShARe user guide:

How do I share my credentials directly with education verification providers like World Education Services?

Simply follow the service's instructions for using a 'Digitary' system, e.g. for World Education Services, all you need to do is create a share with the contact ''.

I thought my involvement in an activity would be loaded, but it isn't there. What do I do?

If you have taken part in an activity and it hasn’t been loaded on to your HEAR, it may be because:

  • It isn’t an activity that is currently verified for the HEAR.
  • You have not met the completion criteria for the activity
  • An administrative error has been made

Please contact the member of staff who runs your activity in the first instance. Activities that are verified for the HEAR, along with their completion criteria, are published here:

I have received recognition for an activity but don’t want it to be included in my HEAR. How do I remove it?

You have the ability to make extra-curricular activities private via the Live preview of your HEAR that is accessible in MUSE (My Services > View all services > HEAR). Simply open Section 6 and use the checkboxes to manage your privacy settings.

Please be aware, your privacy settings will not be reflected in ShARe until your HEAR is next updated, i.e.

  • March - after Autumn semester results have been released
  • July - after Spring semester results have been released
  • September - after resit results have been released
My document is incomplete/incorrect. How do I resolve this?
  • For extra-curricular activities, please contact the person who runs your activity
  • If the information added to your HEAR is incorrect, please complete this webform.

If you have not found the answer to your question:

For any queries regarding access to ShARe, please click here:

For any other queries (including third party access) click here: