Financial Worries

What to do and who to speak to if you're having financial problems such as debt, fraud and gambling. 

Financial support

If you’re experiencing exceptional financial difficulties, you can contact our Financial Support Team who have funds available to support you. They can also explain our bursary and scholarship schemes.

If you’re worried about your current financial situation, the Student Advice Centre can work with you to help you take control of your finances.

If you receive a student loan and you experience any issues, e.g. it’s delayed, please contact Student Finance directly.

Tuition fees

For issues relating to tuition fees, e.g. if you can’t pay or your payment is likely to be delayed, you should contact the Student Administration Service:


If you’re struggling to pay your University accommodation fees, please contact the Income Office, who may be able to offer a solution.

If you’re struggling to pay your private accommodation fees, you should contact your landlord. For independent advice, you can also speak to a housing advisor at the Student Advice Centre. 

Student Wellbeing Service

The Student Wellbeing Service offers short-term, tailored one-to-one support if you’re feeling down, overwhelmed or struggling to adjust to student life.


If you’ve been a victim of fraud which has left you in financial hardship, please contact the Student Advice Centre.

Action Fraud is the national fraud and cyber crime reporting centre. Their web page provides further information, including resources for victims and how to report fraud and cyber-crimes.


Our Central Welfare and Guidance team can help with the practical implications that gambling may have on your ability to engage with your studies.

Our SAMHS team can offer triage appointments for you to discuss your mental health with a clinician, who will help identify the relevant support available.

External support

The page below outlines the external, non-University support services available.