HSBC Educational Scholarships
Applications for the HSBC Educational Scholarship for 2018-19 entry are now open.
In partnership with HSBC, we are are offering 5 scholarships worth £10,000 each per year of your course for undergraduate students entering the University who have spent a significant amount of time in care.
To be considered for the scholarship you must:
- Be starting your course in September 2018.
- Be eligible for care leaver's support from the University.
- Have attended a state secondary school/college.
Successful applicants will receive:
A £10,000 award per year for a 3 or 4 year undergraduate course. This will be paid directly towards your tuition fees and any remaining funds paid to you. For example, in 2018-19 the tuition fee is £9,250 therefore you would receive a £9,250 tuition fee award and a £750 cash bursary.
Please note that if you change from a 3 year to a 4 year course during your studies you will only be eligible to receive the scholarship for 3 years.
How to apply:
You are required to provide evidence to confirm your care status before the application deadline. You can do so by submitting either:
- a letter from social services (if they have been involved)
- proof of Legal Guardianship (if this exists)
- a court order showing proof of legal guardianship
- A letter from a professional who is aware of the nature of your situation and living arrangements such as your GP or head teacher.
Points to Note
- If we receive more than 5 applications, a panel of senior members of staff will select the 5 strongest applications.
- This scholarship is in addition to any loans, bursaries or local authority support you may be entitled to.