Transcript of Qualifications Request
This page provides information for current and former students wishing to request their official Transcript of Qualifications, outlining their modules studied and grades attained.
- How to Request Your Transcript
- Processing Times
- Archive Requests
- Delivery and Collection
- Diploma Supplement
How to Request Your Transcript
Where you are a current undergraduate or taught postgraduate student and you require evidence of your modules studied and grades attained, you can request a Transcript of Qualifications either online or in person from SSiD.
You must order your transcript online where:
- You graduated prior to 2000.
- You cannot visit SSiD in person.
- You require a transcript for an MBChB or PGCE/PGDE.
Before requesting your transcript, please read the relevant information below to determine whether and when you can obtain your official transcript.
Where you are a current undergraduate student, we may not be able to provide a printed transcript between the start of the exam period and the release of your results. Instead, we can provide you with a Summary of Results.
Where you ordered a transcript during this period and we cannot produce it, your order will either be refunded or held until your results are released.
Where you started after 2012, your results will be available through MUSE on your Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR).
Your final electronic HEAR serves the same purpose as a printed academic transcript and is accepted by many global organisations.
|Postgraduate Taught Students||
Where you are a current postgraduate taught student, we cannot issue you with your transcript or any official University document outlining your results until your final results have been approved by the Faculty Board.
Where you started after 2014, you will receive your official electronic transcript via ShARe once your degree has been awarded (usually between November and December).
Your electronic transcript serves the same purpose as a printed academic transcript and is accepted by may global organisations.
We may be able to issue you with a provisional Summary or Results before this time, please visit the page below for more information.
|Postgraduate Research Students||
Transcripts are not produced for research degrees.
Where you are a research student, SSiD can provide you with a Confirming Letter proving your attendance and course of study with us. Please visit the page below for more information.
Where you require more detailed information regarding your research, please contact your academic department.
Doctoral Development Programme/Research Training Programme
Where you require proof of your Doctoral Development Programme (previously called RTP), please email the Research and Innovation Services who can provide you with a Statement of Academic Progress.
Where you require a PDF scan of your transcript, please request this in your order.
Where you are a current student and would like us to hold your transcript order until the Spring semester results are released, please state this in the 'additional requirements' section.
- Current & recent students (up to 12 months after graduation) - £1 (£3 online)
- Graduates/leavers after 1 Jan 2005 - £5
- Graduates/leavers from 1 Jan 2000 - 31 Dec 2004 - £10
- Graduates/leavers prior to 31 Dec 1999 - £20
- Online orders for printed and PDF transcripts can take between 5 - 10 working days to produce.
- We offer a same day service for requests made over the SSiD counter (subject to module results availability)
- Your transcript can take up to 6 weeks to produce if the University do not hold electronic records of your modules and results, or you studied on a collaborative course with another educational institution.
- Your transcript can take up to 6 weeks to produce if the University do not hold electronic records of your modules and results.
- If the University's archive records are incomplete we may not be able to provide a complete transcript of your modules and grades.
- If the University are unable to produce a transcript due to no longer holding a record of your modules and grades, a refund will be issued and alternative documentation may be provided.
Delivery and Collection
All documents are sent by Royal Mail 2nd Class or standard Airmail and can be sent in signed and sealed envelopes upon request.
Where you have additional paperwork to send with your transcript, instructions will be sent in your order confirmation.
For more information on delivery and collection please visit the page below.
Where you graduated after the summer of 2005 and require a Diploma Supplement to be issued with your transcript, this can be obtained from SSiD.
A Diploma Supplement can be attached to your official transcript of qualification to improve the international recognition of your academic qualifications, by:
- describing your qualification in an understandable way
- describing the content and structure of the higher education system within which your qualification was issued
Where you are an Erasmus or Study Abroad student, you must apply for a Diploma Supplement from your home University.
For further information please visit the page below.