Transcript of Qualifications Request

Transcripts banner

Information for current and former students wishing to request their official Transcript of Qualifications, outlining their modules studied and grades attained.

Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, we can provide official transcripts in a digital form only until further notice.

For further guidance please contact SSiD.

How to Request Your Transcript

You can access your digital transcript for free online via the ShARe system if you are: 

  • a current undergraduate student
  • a former undergraduate student who started their course in September 2012 or after
  • a former postgraduate student who graduated in January 2016 or after

Access transcript via ShARe

If you can't remember your login details, please email SSiD

If you're a former student and don't have access to ShARe you must order your transcript online for £5 via the link below. 

Once your order has been processed you will receive your digital transcript in PDF format. Your digital transcript will include a digital stamp and signature, and is official in this format. 

Request academic transcript online (£5)

Undergraduate Students

If you're a current undergraduate student, we may not be able to provide a printed transcript between the start of the exam period and the release of your results. Instead, we can provide you with a Summary of Results.

If you ordered a transcript during this period and we cannot produce it, your order will either be refunded or held until your results are released.

If you started after 2012, your results will be available through MUSE on your Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR).

Your final electronic HEAR serves the same purpose as a printed academic transcript and is accepted by many global organisations.

Postgraduate Taught Students

If you're are a current postgraduate taught student, we cannot issue you with your transcript or any official University document outlining your results until your final results have been approved by the Faculty Board.

Where you started after 2014, you will receive your official electronic transcript via ShARe once your degree has been awarded (usually between November and December).

Your electronic transcript serves the same purpose as a printed academic transcript and is accepted by may global organisations.

We may be able to issue you with a provisional Summary or Results before this time, please visit the page below for more information.

Postgraduate Research Students

Transcripts are not produced for research degrees. We can provide you with a Confirming Letter proving your attendance and course of study with us.

If you require more detailed information regarding your research, please contact your academic department.

Doctoral Development Programme/Research Training Programme

If you need proof of your Doctoral Development Programme (previously called RTP), the Research and Innovation Services can provide you with a Statement of Academic Progress.

Specific Requests

If you're a current student and would like us to hold your transcript order until the Spring semester results are released, please state this in the 'additional requirements' section.


Online transcript requests through SSiD are £5

If you can access your transcript via ShARe it's free.  

Processing Times

  • Online orders can take between 5 - 10 working days to produce.
  • Your transcript can take up to 6 weeks to produce if the University do not hold electronic records of your modules and results, or you studied on a collaborative course with another educational institution. 

Archive Requests

Due to Covid-19 we cannot produce your transcript if you studied prior to 31 Dec 1999 as we cannot access our archive records. 

Your transcript can take up to 6 weeks to produce if we do not hold electronic records of your modules and results.

If our archive records are incomplete we may not be able to provide a complete transcript of your modules and grades.

If we do not have a record of your grades a refund will be issued and alternative documentation may be provided. 

Diploma Supplement

If you graduated after the summer of 2005 and require a Diploma Supplement to be issued with your transcript, you can request this online via the link below.

Please state under the 'additional requirements' section that you require a Diploma supplement.

Request Diploma Supplement

A Diploma Supplement can be attached to your official transcript of qualification to improve the international recognition of your academic qualifications, by:

  • describing your qualification in an understandable way
  • describing the content and structure of the higher education system within which your qualification was issued

If you're are an Erasmus or Study Abroad student, you must apply for a Diploma Supplement from your home University.

For further information please visit the page below.