SSiD Operations during the COVID-19 Outbreak
SSiD is now able to provide most services. Where we are unable to provide the exact service, we will examine whether alternative service is available.
- Staff are working either remotely or part-time on campus and can be contacted by colleagues by email or via Google chat in the usual way.
- We now have a rota of staff on campus delivering a very limited appointment-only service for UCard collection (not general enquiries), and continuing to produce and post physical UCards and documents.
- We are also now able to offer a remote telephone service to students for a limited range of services including: Bank letters, Certificates of Student Status, Council Tax exemption certificates, Logging into ShARe system, Ucards, Summary of Results. Please note: We are unable to offer support with enquiries relating to Covid-19.
- There continues to be a limited postal service in operation to and from SSiD.
- Students can still contact SSiD using our email service with general queries via our webpages, which includes a Who Do I Contact About...? decision tree to direct students to the correct service.
- We are currently experiencing high volumes of email enquiries which may cause a delay in our response time.
- Our Online Services page shows a list of the services SSiD is still able to provide, which staff and students can refer to.
- Live chat is currently unavailable while we deal with the backlog of email enquiries
Services we cannot currently offer:
- Archive documents from pre-2000 students
Services Offer via Post
May be subject to delays in processing and/or postage times:
- Production of UCards where the student record has been extended
- Production of replacement or lost UCards
- Production of hard copy documents, though digital versions can also still be purchased via the Online Store
- Replacement Degree Certificates
- Certified copies of certificates
- Unclaimed certificates
- Postgraduate certificates (produced by SAS)
Current Service Offer
- Academic Verifications
- Accommodation postponement support letter (to semester 2)
- Certificate of Student Status
- Degree Certificates (replacement, unclaimed, certified copies, PG Cert, in absentia)
- Confirming Letters
- Council Tax Exemption letters
- Courier delivery
- Form signing (including UAE Return to Country of Study forms) – please forward to email@example.com
- Name changes
- Transcripts (current students, graduates, archive)