General Enquiry Handling Offer
SSiD handles hundreds of thousands of general student related enquiries a year – many on behalf of colleagues elsewhere in the University. When we are unable to fully answer an enquiry we will refer or signpost to other information sources and services.
How can we help?
As the front face of student services we are used to being asked many different general student related questions about all sorts of subjects.
- We can answer general enquiries that would usually come to your reception desk.
- We can provide gatekeeping for specific enquiries and requests that you do not want to come to your reception desk e.g. because you have already told the student what they should do.
- We can signpost specific enquiries to relevant information sources as determined by you.
- We can efficiently refer enquiries and requests that you need to be made aware of and handle.
- We can redirect enquiries and that could mistakenly come to you.
Why use us?
- We will reduce the workload of enquiry handling at your reception desks.
- We provide quality service with high levels of student satisfaction (9 out of 10 years top in the world).
- We have friendly experienced staff specifically trained to answer a wide range of student related enquiries.
- We will ensure that only relevant issues are referred to your service.
- We have a commitment to and experience of coordinating between services to achieve solutions for students.
- We use consistent and appropriate voice and tone when dealing with students and their supporters.
- We have a proven track record in the dissemination of information into messages appropriate for student audience.
How You Can Help Us Help You
- If there are frequently asked questions you want us to answer let us know the questions and the answers and we will handle the enquiries for you.
- If you are sending out an email to students copy us in and we will reinforce your message.
- If you are anticipating questions resulting from communications or events let us know the answers and we will handle the enquiries for you.
- If there are enquiries you do not want to be presented at your reception desk let us know what they are and how we should handle them
- If you are sending out and email but do not want them to use us to access your service let us know what we need to say to students who present at SSiD.
If there are specific information sources we should signpost students to e.g. web pages, telephones numbers let us know what the issues are and where we should signpost them to.
If there are more complex issues that you need referring to a specialist service like your let us know what they are, how we should handle them and when to refer to your reception or contact details.
Keep in touch and let us know let us know what services you do and do not provide and how best you want the student to engage with you.
If you would like help with enquiry handling contact us at: