Student Status Confirmation and Verification Service
The Student Service Information Desk (SSiD) provides a student status confirmation and verification service for official documents for past and present students using delegated authority from the University Secretary.
Delegated Signatory Authority
The University Secretary, is vested with the authority to confirm individual student academic status and achievements. This authority is delegated to a small number of staff including all the staff in the Student Enquiries team in SSiD.
University of Sheffield Documents
Official Documents verified by SSiD on behalf of the University Secretary:
- Certificates of Student Status (including Bank letters and letters supporting applications for Schengen Visas)
- Certified copies of degree certificates
- Council Tax Exemption certification
- Dictionary and Calculator approval
- Letters Confirming Attendance and Qualification
- Official Transcripts of Qualification
- Replacement Degree Certificates
Non University Documents
Staff are also authorised to confirm data on non-university generated documents:
External Organisations wishing to verify student status
SSiD provides the main verification service to external agencies such as banks, government agencies, local authorities, embassies, etc.