Key Performance Areas
We recognise that we need to continue to improve the quality, speed and effectiveness of our delivery to service users. To this end we will:
- Continue to grow our capacity to be a “One Stop Shop” by anticipating and exploiting opportunities to develop, co-create or provide student related information and services.
- Commit ourselves to develop a motivated, engaged staff through opportunities for increasing product knowledge and empowerment, customer service skills and other relevant staff development.
- First line of student support
- Improve our signposting and referral service to specialists in the department/University
We recognise that SSiD is an evolving presence and we will continually improve existing services as well as developing new services. In order to achieve this we will:
- Understand our changing service user and potential service user needs through improving the ways we collect, collate, analyse, review, act and respond on feedback from service users.
- Develop our staff and the service to facilitate continuous service improvement.
- Challenge ourselves and our partners to develop and deliver new and improved services from the front line.
- Develop our knowledgebase and systems to support it and making it available through multiple communication channels.
We recognise that in pursuing our mission we will need to get the most value from our facilities, budgets and systems. To achieve this we will:
- Expand, improve, and update our physical facilities to enhance the delivery of high quality services.
- Establish value for money against university and commercial information providers by identifying areas of possible cost reductions, income generation, additional funding and budgetary control.
- Utilise new and existing systems to make service delivery more effective and financially efficient.
- Act as steward for key information systems used in the wider university environment such as webGRACE, Ask Sheffield, etc.
We recognise the need to engage will all our stakeholders about the features and benefits of the services we provide. In order to achieve this we will:
- Build on the relationships developed in academic and professional service departments and faculties.
- Develop a clearer understanding of existing and potential new partnerships and how we may support each other working towards common objectives.
- Build wider and stronger networks of partners and advocates to help raise profile of SSiD brands such as Ask Sheffield, SOS etc.
- Develop and attend events and activities to raise our service presence, build relationships and share our good practice with colleagues.
We recognise that we need to get the right content, to the right person, at the right time, in the right format, for the right reasons. To achieve this we will (in partnership with the Student Commnications team):
- Identify new and more effective ways of engaging students and empowering them to access quality content.
- Support colleagues in developing quality content which utilises the full range of channels available.
- Manage and develop the content of the department through collaboration and leadership.
- Develop, implement of appropraite, relevant and connected content stndards, policy, procedures and guidelines.
Developing a culture that empowers us all to become leaders in taking the service forward.
We recognise that in order to provide quality service we need to anticpate long term opportunities, challenge assumptions, develop plans and strategies and get buy-in from stakeholders. To this end we will encourage a the service leadership mind-set amongst all staff to:
- Anticipate threats and opportunities to our ongoing service delivery.
- Challenge existing assumptions and explore divergent points of views.
- Interpret information identifying patterns to gain deeper understanding of the service.
- Make timely decisions based on available information and multiple options.
- Align the interests of various stakeholders by engaging and identifying mutual points of interest.
- Become an active part of a learning organisation that is SSiD