James Bollington: Content Operations Management
Managing the the content operations of the Content Team by:
- Leading with a user-centred design approach to improve student experiences through improving the quality of content.
- Supporting stakeholders by translating business needs and ideas into a range of deliverables to meet user needs.
- Liaising with Content Editor across the department to improve
- Facilitating UX workshops and collaborative discovery and design sessions with staff and students
- Overseeing evaluation exercises including Content Audits, Usability testing, etc.
- Presenting findings of Content Audit reports, Usability Testing reports and discover exercises to stakeholders across the department.
James Bollington: Web Developer
- Develop and build and manage a suite of high quality web solutions
- Make recommendations and develop multi--platform mobile applications that meet the needs of platform mobile applications that meet the needs of our stakeholders.
- Identify areas where improvements can be made for the department by being vigilant on changing trends in website and applications developments and make recommendations for future developments.
- Support colleagues across the department as they develop websites and mobile platforms.
Vacancy: Customer Experience Designer
Supporting the customer insight needs of the team across a range of communications channels to make them more appropriate, relevant and connected
- Discovering, documenting and sharing customer insights to identify opportunities to improve omni-channel customer experience
- Using, customer research proactively to identify, and scope customer experience improvements
- Articulating design decisions that meet customer needs and business objectives
- Design customer journeys, create service blueprints, conduct research, facilitate ideation workshops, prototype, test and learn
- Creating a number of deliverables such as wire frames, prototypes, personas, user stories, wire flows, reports to communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models and screen designs to stakeholders
Bryony Vince: Content Designer
Supporting the content design and copywriting needs of the team by:
- Designing content that is relevant, appropriate and connected for web / print
- Write and edit copy to ensure it is relevant for the web / print
- Liaising with Subject Matter Experts when reviewing existing digital and print content,
- Identifying the main tasks readers want to achieve and write in a way that helps them reach their objectives
- Using the University’s content management software (CMS) to add, edit and remove content.
- Assisting with presentations to stakeholders and facilitating workshops
- Assisting with project scoping and creating clear briefs
- Develop and deliver training related to managing and maintain web copy
Ruth O'Sullivan : Content Moderator
Supporting the content moderation needs of the team by carrying out checks of existing content to ensure it is accessible, accurate and up to date:
- Liaise with Content Owners to ensure the content inventory is accurate and up to date
- Ensure all published content follows best practice rules in terms of formatting, writing, accessibility, branding, style guides and data protection.
- Archive and retire content where appropriate.
- Contact CMS editors/updaters to request changes to pages they are responsible for.
- Monitor Student Support Services content hosted on other department websites, to ensure that it is accurate and up to date, and liaise with colleagues where improvements are required.
- Edit content based on routine audit findings and recommendations.
- Track broken links, investigate why they are not working and set up redirects.
- Update different types of content, including words, images and video on the websites.
- Find and optimise images and icons to support page design.
: Content Analyst
Supporting the content research and analysis needs of the team by:
- Analysing web data from multiple sources (e.g. Google Analytics) to provide actionable insight.
- Collecting, collating and interpreting web related data into clear meaningful information to inform improvements across our digital presence.
- Providing insight into our website performance (page views, conversions, bounce rates, etc.).
- Conducting content audits, competitor analysis, benchmarking exercises and surveys to required standards and guidelines and report back results to stakeholders.
- Providing monthly analyses and commentary on website performance and user behaviour, and integrate these into dashboards and reports where appropriate.
- Analysing the content of the using the University’s Content Management System (CMS).
- Supporting the team with their data requests as well as producing, and presenting engaging reports and dashboards.
- Assisting the team by supporting card sorting, market testing, user story and other user research exercises
Lynn Treslove: Print Coordinator
Supporting the print content coordination needs of the team by:
- Reviewing print content to ensure it is in line with the departments Print Style Guide
- Reviewing print content to ensure it adheres to University visual identity guidelines
- Liaising with the Print Design team and the Student Communications team and negotiating prices with designers and printers
- Supporting the Service Head with developing print content policies and procedures
- Conduct value for money exercises and print content audits and reviews
- Act as secretary to the Content Management Group
Scott Castle: Head of Content
Support the team by leading on content strategy, planning and governance:
- Improving student and staff experience by making our digital and non-digital content relevant, appropriate and connected.
- Lead the central Content Team based in SSiD
- Reporting to the Service Heads of Student Support Services
- Chairing the Content Management Group
- Acting as the main liaison point with the wider University body
- Developing robust content policies and procedures.
- Ensure all services are highly visible, accessible, of high quality and available in an appropriate way to all students and staff through collaboration with relevant staff.