Responsibilties of the Head of Student Information Service (SSiD)
To provide overall leadership and strategic direction to an information service used by a significant number of current and past students by providing information, advice, guidance and a wide range of key student administrative services.
Support the Student Support Services by taking the strategic lead in:
1.Student Enquiries Management
Improving our service offer to students and their supporters in the context of handling the majority of general student enquiries and requests from a single service through the One-Stop-Shop, Contact Centre and digital presence known as SSiD.
- Championing the vision of the service as a student centred, one stop shop, providing an increasing number of services in collaboration with other teams in the department and wider university community.
- Liaising, persuading and negotiating with staff at all levels to ensure the effective working of the service; attend local and University-wide meetings to contribute to the formation of policies and procedures for the effective operation of the service.
- Applying broad knowledge and provide advice and guidance to colleagues across the university and sector in respect to face to face customer service regarding front line customer service through contribution of own expertise.
2. Student Content Management
Improving student and staff experience by making our digital and non-digital content relevant, appropriate and connected.
- Lead the development of the student web presence through engaging and developing content providers, CMS users, web writers, etc. through contribution of own expertise.
- Make a significant contribution to the strategic direction of the department’s information provision and communications through contribution of own expertise.
- Ensure all services are highly visible, accessible, of high quality and available in an appropriate way to all students and staff through collaboration with relevant staff, the development of on-line tools, and the use of virtual communication methods including phone, e-mail, text chat, and video chat.