Work shadowing at SSiD
You can book a work shadowing session at SSiD to learn how our service operates.
About work shadowing
Our work shadowing programme provides an opportunity for you to meet our team, find out how we operate and understand the services we offer to students, staff, graduates and third parties.
You’ll learn about the operations of our front desk, contact centre and back office.
It also allows us to understand your team and how they may interact with our work.
We welcome all colleagues from across the University.
What to expect
At the session, we’ll show you how we:
- Signpost and refer students to relevant services or departments
- Provide information and guidance on a wide range of student issues
- Handle enquiries via telephone, email and on the front desk
- Produce various documents for students, graduates and third parties
- Oversee current student-facing web and print content
- Use webGRACE, our enquiry handling system
Each session will last two hours and can be tailored if you're interested in particular aspects of our services.
Book a session
Complete the form below to book a work shadowing session with us.
What our colleagues thought
Visit the page below to read what our colleagues found most useful about our work shadowing sessions.
Gill and Tom also share their work shadowing experience in more detail on the pages below.
To view our work shadowing statistics such as how many visits we receive per department, visit the page below:
To find out more about us and what we do ahead of your session, visit: