Academic Appeals: University Regulations, Procedures and Good Practice
This session will cover the University’s Formal Academic Appeals Regulations and Procedures, taking attendees through each stage of the process, underlining the key issues to be considered at each stage and highlighting areas of good practice.
The session aims to provide:
- An overview of the University’s Formal Academic Appeals Regulations and Procedures, with reference to external review processes as well.
- An understanding of what and who is involved at each stage.
- What is expected from the student, academic department, Faculty.
- Guidance on how to resolve issues at early stages.
- Good practice in dealing with and responding to Academic Appeals and Case Reviews.
- Do’s and Don’ts
- Useful University resources
- An opportunity to ask questions and discuss issues of concern.
Format: Presentation and Q&A
Audience: All staff in academic departments whose role includes teaching and/or supporting students. May also be of interest to anyone who has contact with students.
Length: 1 hour
- Wednesday 11 November 2020, 2-3pm
- Thursday 6th May 2021, 2-3pm
You can now use the Learning Management System (LMS) to register your interest/reserve your place on one of these sessions.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.