Managing Inappropriate Behaviour by Students
This session sets out the Student Services approach to managing incidents where a student exhibits behaviour which is considered unacceptable and inappropriate by the person engaging with them. The session will involve group work and case studies to help staff better understand the challenges of situations where inappropriate behaviour occurs. Practical hints and tips will be explored to find the best solutions and the session will also highlight the relevant procedures and good practices that can be employed in a range of difficult situations.
The aims of the session are to:
- Develop practical coping strategies for dealing with challenging situations
- Raise awareness of University procedures and the support available within the University
- Provide case studies to promote a better understanding of the issues around inappropriate behaviour
- Establish the roles and boundaries for staff
- Provide a tool kit of practical hints and tips on dealing with inappropriate behaviour
- Signpost the University’s policies around inappropriate behaviour, see Guidelines for Managing Inappropriate Behaviour by Service Users
Format: Workshop, drawing on case studies.
Audience: Academic and Admin/Support staff, particularly those in a front line role.
Length: 2 hours
- 22 October 2019 - 10am-12noon
- 28 January 2020 - 10.30am-12.30pm
- 6 May 2020 - CANCELLED