Supporting Muslim Students
This session will look at some of the issues that arise when supporting Muslim students as well as explaining the basics of Islam. The Chaplaincy Centre often receives questions about everything from the theological to the mundane - including how to challenge prejudice and misconceptions. Examples include:
- Prayer times during the working day.
- Fasting during the month of Ramadan?
- Inclusive social activities.
- Awareness of Islamic dress code.
- How best to discuss religious and social needs with students.
Format: Presentation and Question and Answer session
Audience: All staff
Length: 1 hour
- Wednesday 18th November 2020, 10.00-11.00am
- Thursday 27th May 2021, 11.00am-12 noon
You can download the information pack for this session here.