Student Complaints: University Procedure and Good Practice
This session will cover the University’s Formal Student Complaints Procedure using specific case studies and discussion to highlight the main stages of the process, underlining the key issues to be considered at each stage and highlighting areas of good practice. It is advisable but not essential for staff to have completed the online Complaints Training: https://supportingsupporters.ssd.shef.ac.uk/training_courses/online/university-complaints-procedures before attending this session.
The session will cover:
● An overview of the University’s Formal Complaints Procedures, with reference to external review processes as well.
● An understanding of what and who is involved at each stage.
● What is expected from the Student, academic department/service, Faculty.
● Guidance on how to resolve issues at early stages.
● Good practice in dealing with and responding to student complaints.
● Do’s and Don’ts
● Useful University resources
There will also be an opportunity to ask questions and discuss issues of concern.
Format: Presentation / discussion
Audience: All staff in academic departments whose role includes teaching and/or supporting students. May also be of interest to anyone who has contact with students.
Length: 1 hour
- *CANCELLED* Monday 07 December 2020, 2-3pm
- Thursday 29 April 2021, 9:30-10:30am
You can now use the Learning Management System (LMS) to register your interest/reserve your place on this session.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com