The Students' Union's Role in Student Support
An informal session to explain the role that the Students' Union has within student support and how/when University staff can refer students to the Students' Union.
The session will explain the recent changes within Advice & Representation in the Students' Union with particular focus on the Student Advice Centre. As well as outlining the services we offer, examples and case studies will demonstrate the role of representation and independence in student support.
The session aims to:
- Explain the role of the Students' Union (including advice, representation and independence from the University) within student support.
- Outline and explain the variety of services the Students' Union offers (including the Student Advice Centre, Nightline and Representative Committees).
- Equip staff with the knowledge of when to refer students to the Students' Union for support.
Format: Discussion and workshop
Audience: All staff, particularly those with a student facing role.
Length: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Friday 13 Sept 2019 10.00-11.30am
- Friday 10 Jan 2020 - 10.30-12noon