The Personal Pathway is a self-directed, non-credit bearing pathway to recognition as Associate, Fellow or Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (AFHEA/FHEA/SFHEA) that forms part of the Learning & Teaching Professional Recognition Scheme at the University of Sheffield.
Established in September 2014, after consultation with staff, it is designed to support staff to gain recognition for the fantastic work they are doing in teaching and/or supporting learning across the University, in line with Learning and Teaching at the University of Sheffield 2016-2021 and the wider context of learning and teaching in Higher Education.
In order to register for the Personal Pathway and submit your application via the LTPRS Scheme, it is mandatory that you attend an Explorer Workshop. At this event, you will:
- Consider which category is most appropriate for you
- Consider if this is the most appropriate route to HEA recognition for you
- Explore the UKPSF Dimensions of Practice with a focus on the D1, D2 and D3 Descriptors and associated HEA categories of fellowship in light of your current practice
- Find out more about the Personal Pathway online resource and application process.
Once you have attended an Explorer Workshop, you will be able to come along to our optional workshops that are designed to support you in developing your application. All of these can be booked via the LMS:
- Developing Your Application: Focus on Case Studies
- Developing Your Application: Focus on Statements and Supporting Examples
- Senior Fellowship (SFHEA) Development
- Write On
Book a workshop place
|Becoming An Assessor
If you are already a Fellow or a Senior Fellow of the HEA, and are interested in becoming a Personal Pathway assessor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
View Learning and Teaching Essentials resources
Read the Elevate Blog
|Build up your expertise
Engagement with learning and teaching events, networks and communities can contribute to the evidence you use to support your application for recognition at any level.
Visit our Events page
Explore communities of practice
|Get in touch
Email the Learning and Teaching Professional Recognition Team
Contact the Academic Professional Development Team
How can we better support you?
We'd love you to get in touch with us to let us know if you find the support on here useful, or to suggest ways we could improve or add to the provision we offer.
Send us your feedback