Colleagues celebrate at the ACS & UNICUS awards
Staff from across Accommodation and Commercial services (ACS) and UNICUS gathered at the end of March for the annual ACS & UNICUS awards dinner celebrating the achievements of all colleagues in the departments.
Individuals and teams were nominated for 12 different awards recognising outstanding service and commitment. This included honouring colleagues who had recently completed new qualifications and recognising individuals for their significant length of service at the University. The winners were voted by their colleagues in the department.
The awards were presented by Andy Dodman, Student Union Officers and member of the ACS directorate and UNICUS board. Following the awards, a three course dinner was held in INOX with entertainment from comedian Janice Connolly in her character of Barbara Nice from Phoenix Nights.
ACS and UNICUS teams work across accommodation and commercial services. They provide a huge range of essential services and facilities to staff, students and visitors across the University, from housekeeping in student residences, to serving in campus cafes, supporting residence life, delivering hospitality, and much more.
ACS & UNICUS award winners:
- ACS Excellence in Customer Service - Natalie Faulkner, Smart Move Sheffield
- ACS Leader of the Year - Ela Nutu Hall, Residence Life
- ACS Inspirational Colleague - Greg Pevy, Residence Life
- ACS Residence Mentor of the Year - Adam White
- ACS Team of the Year - Finance
- ACS Unsung Hero - Hasan Abdulla
- UNICUS Excellence in Customer Service - James Moxon, INOX
- UNICUS Leader of the Year - Kay Coleman, Diamond Kitchen
- UNICUS Inspirational Colleague - Deborah Tilbrook, Hospitality Sales
- UNICUS Business of the Year - Inox
- UNICUS Team of the Year - Courtyard Cafe
- UNICUS Unsung Hero - Emma Chapman, HR
At the awards dinner, a video was presented showing interviews with members of staff shortlisted for awards, and following them around their place of work.
Find out more abo