Track your Big 30 progress using BetterPoints
If you’re taking part in the Big 30 this month and your challenge involves walking, cycling or running, don’t forget that you can track your progress using BetterPoints.
You can earn points for recording your activity, which you can donate directly to our Parkinson’s research via the app.
If you’re not already familiar with BetterPoints, it’s an app that allows you to record your active journeys to and from the University. Every time you walk, cycle or use public transport, you will earn BetterPoints that can be turned into vouchers to spend on campus, the high street, or even donate to local good causes and national charities. You can find out more about the initiative here.
How to get started
- Download the BetterPoints app from the App Store or Google Play store.
- Tap 'Sign up' in the app, and fill out the form using your @sheffield.ac.uk email address.
- You will be automatically eligible to join the Step Up Sheffield challenge due to your email address.
- If you’d prefer to let the app detect your activities, just turn on automatic tracking. This will detect your walking, running and cycling journeys and mark all vehicle journeys as 'In Vehicle'.
- Using active tracking will not affect the apps ability to detect and reward your walking, running and cycling. These will appear after being validated on the app (usually within an hour of completion.)
- Keep an eye out for events and campaigns where you will be able to earn additional points for taking part.