Staff Survey named as employee engagement project of the year
Last night (28 January 2016) we picked up the award for Project of the Year Award (Not for Profit/Charity) for our 2014 Staff Survey at The Employee Engagement Awards.
We were also Highly Commended in the category for Employee Engagement Company of the Year.
This comes after our recent placement in The Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For list in the not-for-profit sector and a two-star accreditation for outstanding employee engagement.
Andrew Dodman, Director of HR, said: “I’m delighted that we’ve been recognised for our commitment to creating a remarkable place to work. This is the vision at the centre of our People Strategy and means we’re constantly striving to create an environment in which everyone can achieve their potential.
"We want people to feel confident to share their ideas and help us continue to develop as a University. Our award reflects our collective efforts in finding creative ways to listen and to provide opportunities for everyone to develop personally and professionally.”
The Project of the Year award recognises projects that have driven employee engagement in an organisation. 72 per cent of eligible staff completed our 2014 staff survey, up from 58 per cent in 2012, and the highest number of responses we’ve ever seen.
And in certain areas of our University, the response rate increased as much as 49 per cent.
We also placed much more emphasis on using the results to make change happen than in previous years, including a town hall-style event attended by 100 people to identify key themes for change at University level.
Our 2016 Staff Survey will be launching soon – watch this space!
Being Highly Commended in the Employee Engagement Company of the Year category recognises the various opportunities we have for engaging with our University and feeling fulfilled with our work. These include:
- Juice, our award-winning health and wellbeing offer, with a recently improved portal. Since launch, Juice has had over 60,000 web hits and we’ve booked more than 5,000 activities.
- The Sheffield Leader, which has seen strong engagement across our leadership community through online communities, social media and interactive community leadership sessions. The community now has over 1,000 members.
- The Deal portal – we developed our one-stop-shop for pay, rewards and benefits following staff consultation, including the most recent addition of The Recognition Awards.
- MANAGE – our management development offering has evolved following focus groups and engagement with managers and staff, in order to determine the type of progress we needed. Within two months of its launch in late 2014, over 237 managers had attended.
- Staff Survey 2014 – this survey received the highest number of responses we’ve ever seen at 72 per cent; thank you!