Five top tips for the year ahead
Resources to help you kick-start 2017 at work
#1 Realise your global ambitions
Our Internationalisation Strategy is designed to help us fulfil our mission to be a globally leading university that connects knowledge and cultures across national borders.
To accompany the strategy, there are case studies from colleagues, a toolkit and a list of the key University contacts for internationalisation.
- The strategy will help us deliver on the brave ambitions of our Strategic Plan 2016–2021 by providing international guidance on six themes from international research to international talent attraction
- Three enablers will support this work; these are alumni, reputation and governance
- Our research is already internationally orientated. In 2014, 50 per cent of our papers were internationally co-authored and this has been a rising trend for more than a decade
#2 Develop your aspirations for learning and teaching
Our new Learning and Teaching strategy is an opportunity to enhance our reputation as an inspiring, engaged, research-led institution committed to supporting the development of our staff and students.
- This strategy is about us all supporting learning and teaching, feeling engaged, adding value and feeling part of the vision
- The main themes of the strategy are excellence in practice, an outward facing ethos and developing a flexible approach
- An important part of the strategy is creating the right environment to help deliver the aims, including revisiting reward and recognition and addressing support issues
#3 Help create a sustainable campus
Small actions lead to big change, and our new-look dedicated sustainability pages mean that everything about campus sustainability is now in one easy to find place.
Head to My Sustainable Campus for:
Toolkit: useful resources, including tips for creating your own switch-off plan
Case studies: read about the latest sustainability research and on-campus activities
#TuesdayChallenge: take the weekly quiz with a chance to win a Beanies organic fruit box
#4 Improve your wellbeing
Make the most of the activities on offer. Join Juice book group, challenge yourself to run 5k or meditate for stress management.
There's also a lunchtime walking group from Weston Park, so get outside and enjoy what's on the doorstep of our campus.
#5 Achieve your research ambitions
Research and Innovation Services (RIS) can provide guidance, hands-on support and expert advice to help you achieve your research ambitions.
Get in touch with RIS for:
- Support and funding to collaborate with external partners
- Support to write and cost grants, secure funding and manage your research grant
- Advice on understanding European research funding post-Brexit
Here's to a productive and enjoyable year.
Thanks, the Internal Communications team