Loggists needed for Major Incident Team
We’re looking for loggists to join the University’s Major Incident Team. If you work well under pressure and are a good communicator, we’d really like to hear from you.
The Major Incident Team is formed in the event of a major incident to coordinate the University’s response. This is part of the University’s Major Incident Plan. Major incidents are those which have a significant impact on staff, students or University activities.
The Major Incident Team has core roles required for every incident, including an incident manager to chair the group, and a loggist to note the decisions of the team.
We are currently looking for six more loggists to join the existing pool of volunteers. Loggists attend Major Incident Team meetings and make a record of selective information, based on the training provided. The role is not the same as a minute taker.
The loggist role involves being able to:
- Communicate well with the Major Incident Team to clarify decisions, justifications or actions for the log
- Take notes in clear and legible handwriting (if using paper logs)
- Work well under pressure
- Attend training events and exercises to practice logging
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Jennie Christmas on x23092 or Derek McKim on x23078.
If you are interested in becoming a loggist, please get approval from your line manager first and send an email to Jennie Christmas at email@example.com explaining:
- What your current role is
- What skills you have that you could bring to the role of the loggist
- Your current working pattern
The deadline for expressing your interest is 5pm Friday 20 September 2019.