myJobshop: your one-stop portal for hiring students
Our Careers Service is rolling out a new portal for managing casual student work across the University.
The portal is being used by a large number of academic and professional services departments. If your department hasn’t yet received a demo of myJobshop, the team will be in touch over the next few months. The Careers Service plan to have rolled out to the rest of the University by Easter 2019. If you already engage casual workers or those on Sheffield Graduate Training contracts and would like to come on board sooner rather than later, then please do contact the Student Jobshop team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What is myJobshop and what are the benefits?
- myJobshop is an all-encompassing portal for casual student work and Sheffield Graduate Training contract positions throughout all departments. The system allows students undertaking casual work to register their details, manage their hours and seek new work opportunities.
- The service has been robustly developed and tested since January 2018, and is now, with full support from the University Executive Board (UEB), ready for use across the University.
- The portal takes care of the registration, eligibility to work checks and visa compliance monitoring required for our students to begin casual work in University roles. This will significantly reduce the time managers need to spend on administrative duties when hiring casual student workers into their departments, making the induction process much simpler.
- A streamlined digital system will also simplify the process of monitoring and authorising casual workers’ timesheets. Students can log their hours weekly via the myJobshop portal, which managers can simply approve electronically in order for the student to be paid.
- For colleagues hoping to hire new student workers, myJobshop offers a digital recruitment and selection tool to help you find the perfect match for your role. Students can register for casual work at any time, meaning you will be able to advertise to a pool of candidates ready to begin casual work at short notice. The team will also assist a department in creating an engaging job advert for your role.
Watch the video to find out more: