Take part in The Big 30 virtual fundraising challenge
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, unfortunately The Big Walk 2020 has been cancelled. Although the walk cannot go ahead, we are asking all of our walkers, staff and the University community to get behind our first ever entirely virtual fundraising event, The Big 30. Over the 30 days in June, we’re challenging you to do 30 things, either every day or over the course of the month.
This is a great opportunity for our University community to come together during a difficult time to take on an exciting challenge of your choice. You could run 30 miles in June, do 30 pull-ups a day in 30 days, capture 30 lockdown photographs, or sew 30 face masks. You could use your challenge to get outdoors and do something that boosts your wellbeing, such as aiming to spot 30 things in nature on your walks, or taking 30 minutes a day to practice mindfulness. These are just a few examples and you can be as creative with your challenge as you like!
The Big 30 is an initiative to help fundraise for our groundbreaking and essential research to help the 60,000 people who are diagnosed with Parkinson’s every year. You can choose to fundraise £30, £60, £90, £130 or £300 or donate £30.
Every day, we are moving forwards in the race to find effective treatments for Parkinson’s disease. We are on the brink of breakthroughs that promise a better future for everyone suffering from the disease, and their families. The Big Walk is the University’s biggest fundraising event and this year’s walk would have contributed a significant amount of funding to further our research. Although the walk cannot go ahead, the need to support this research is as important as ever.
How to get involved
- Once you’ve decided on your Big 30 challenge, set up your Just Giving page.
- If you were already signed up to the Big Walk and already raised money on your Just Giving page, the good news is that your Just Giving page will automatically be transferred over to our Big 30 fundraising page
- Update your Just Giving page to reflect your new Big 30 challenge
- Link Strava to your Just Giving page if your challenge involves walking, running or cycling
- Once you have decided your challenge, please start sharing your photos, videos and more on social media using #Big30Shef so we can see your fantastic efforts.
Further instructions on how to take part, including guidance on setting up your fundraising page can be found on our Giving web pages. If you have any questions about this please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Over the coming weeks we would love to share snippets of your challenges and fundraising stories. We will be encouraging you to pledge and share your challenges with us on social media using #Big30Shef in the lead up to and all throughout June.
Why not take some time this Bank Holiday weekend to have a think about how you would like to get involved? We can’t wait to see your fantastic fundraising ideas!